The YesAndClub is back for a special event to celebrate the launch of Ideas Man Shed Simove’s new book. On the night Shed will share thoughts from his book ‘Success… or your money back‘ which is about entrepreneurship and making ideas happen. Shed is an entrepreneur, author, performer, scandal monger and highly entertaining and inspiring speaker. He first spoke at the YesAndClub in 2009 to great acclaim. You can view his full bio below.
- Tuesday 30th October
- 6.30pm and the talk will start at 7.30pm
- By invitation only
Shed Simove is a comedian, author and modern-day entrepreneurial genius. Harnessing a constant stream of ideas from his astonishingly active mind, Shed has learned to transform his unconventional concepts into lucrative new business ventures which form the basis of his completely unique stand-up routine.
BACKGROUND OF A MAVERICK
Following a degree in Experimental Psychology at Balliol College, Oxford, and two years working in DisneyWorld, Florida (as a Sixteenth Century Gentleman), Shed worked in TV Production, heading up programmes including ‘The Big Breakfast’, ‘Space Cadets’, and ‘Big Brother’. Shed soon became known industry-wide for making innovative, ground-breaking television shows. In 2003, Shed was appointed Commissioning Editor of Channel 4’s ‘Big Brother’ and throughout his TV career was also involved in discovering and launching many stars including Kelly Brook, Tess Daly, and Russell Brand.
RELENTLESS AND PROVEN INNOVATOR
As well as a successful career in television production, Shed has forged a highly innovative merchandising empire – creating novelty gifts, executive toys, best-selling adult sweets, books, greetings cards, and even his own currency! He’s even won ‘Gift Of The Year’ for one of his creations – a range of birthday candles that spelt “You’re Old”. See the PRODUCTS section on his site for a showcase of Shed’s creations and the LATEST NEWS section for some of his adventures.
Shed’s latest book “IDEAS MAN” is the true story of this visionary maverick’s amazing adventures. At breakneck speed, Shed describes how dozens of his ideas came to be, how they succeed or sometimes disastrously fail. Some of Shed’s ideas include: a range of award winning candles, a groundbreaking documentary that involved him going undercover as a 16-year-old schoolboy (when he was 30) and the launch of his own currency – the ‘EGO’.
IDEAS MAN is a unique book written by a completely extraordinary character. A hilarious and inspirational real-life tale of eccentricity and enthusiasm, it’s perfect for anyone who’s ever had a dream and wondered how to make it come true. Shed is living proof that you really can make it happen…
SOME EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE OF SHED’S SUCCESS
The following is a just a few of the impressive successes that make up Shed’s CV.
· Degree In ‘Experimental Psychology’ At Balliol College, Oxford
· Beat Thousands Of Candidates To Gain A Place On Planet 24’s Graduate Trainee Scheme
· Boss Of ‘The Big Breakfast’
· Boss Of ‘Space Cadets’
· Boss Of ‘Big Brother’
· Books Published: ‘Presents Money Can’t Buy’ & ‘Ideas Man’
· Products Created & Sold:
· 5,000 Limited Edition ‘Clitoris Allsorts’ Packets Sold
· 262, 793 Units of Control-A-Man and Control-A-Woman Remote Controls sold
· Over 55,778 ‘Cock-A-Doodle’ Pads Sold
· Over 67,861 Units of The ‘Designer Beaver’ Sold
· 150,722 Units of ‘Who’s Counting’ Candle Packs Sold
(THESE WON ‘GIFT OF THE YEAR’)
· Over 3,000 Greeting Cards Sold
· Over 10,000 – ‘Hen Night Sticker Packs’ Sold
· Creator of the SOUND MACHINE
· Creator of the ‘MARTIN LOOFAH KING’
· Creator of the ‘CREDIT CRUNCH’ CEREAL
· Over a hundred gigs perfromed since 2006
· Finalist in “The Comedy Factor” Comedy Competition (placed Third)
· Semi Finalist in the “So You Think You’re Funny” and “Laughing Horse” Competitions
When he saw Shed perform, Paul Kaye (ex- Dennis Pennis) told him, “You’ll be on Jonathan Ross within a year…”